Bankruptcy & Consumer Protection
This clinic was designed in response to the growing number of individuals who face consumer debt and credit issues, especially in the face of the foreclosure crisis. The clinic focuses on:
- Developing personal financial literacy
- Understanding consumer rights when puchasing items & incurring debt
- Increase their access to credit
- Helping consumers manage their debt
- Deal with the process of bankruptcy
The clinics follow a framework beginning with an understanding of personal finances, progressing through consumer issues and ending with resolving debt issues. The clinics tend to operate in a question and answer format in response to the attendees personal situations.