Lawyer Referral Service
Monday-Thursday, 10 AM – 4 PM***
Call (617) 227-7008
***Introducing new evening hours! Click here for details.***
Click here to request a referral at any time
We do our best to answer referrals within one business day.
*Please note that we are a referral service and do not provide legal advice over the phone.
It is important to find the right attorney to represent you. Our attorneys help low and moderate-income Massachusetts residents, providing competent legal services at reasonable rates.
- Referrals are FREE of charge.
All of our attorneys provide a free or low-rate initial phone consultation.
- However, our attorneys DO NOT provide free services (i.e. Pro bono).
- Our attorneys are in private practices.
- They speak several different languages, including Chinese, Italian, French, Korean, Portuguese, and Spanish, among others.
- Our attorneys are located in many different cities in the state of Massachusetts, including Allston, Arlington, Attleboro, Boston, Braintree, Brighton, Brockton, Brookline, Cambridge, Dedham, Dorchester, Framingham, Gloucester, Haverhill, Lawrence, Lowell, Lynn, Marlboro, Medford, Malden, Natick, Newburyport, Newton, Quincy, Roxbury, Salem, Somerville, Springfield, Waltham, Watertown, Woburn, and Worcester.
- Our attorneys practice several areas of law, including bankruptcy, criminal defense, personal injury, family law, discrimination, civil rights, immigration, accidents, tenant/landlord disputes, employment, disability, civil litigation, and many others.Some of our attorneys have experience handling specific cases like paternity, traffic and automobile violations, DUI, health care proxy, ERISA, veterans benefit, active military, bicyclists’ rights, lead poisoning, sexual harassment, construction accidents, non-profit organization, dog bites, mental health, wrongful arrests, deportation and asylum, zoning permits, insurance disputes, restraining orders, prenuptial, white collar crime, disabled children, mediation, limited assistance representation, adoption, post foreclosure evictions, slip and falls, and more. If there is an attorney who has experience with your specific legal matter, we will do our best to match your specific legal issue to the best of our ability.
- All of the attorneys on our panel are licensed to practice law in the state of Massachusetts. A few of our attorneys are also licensed to practice law in other states like Florida, New Hampshire, Maine, New York, and Rhode Island. If your issue is a federal law issue (immigration, military), the attorneys on our panel will be able to assist you.
More about our Lawyer Referral Service
As a project of the Massachusetts Chapter of the National Lawyers Guild, the Lawyer Referral Service is a non-profit organization that seeks to provide low and moderate-income Massachusetts residents with competent legal services at reasonable rates.
All of the attorneys are in good standing and are a part of the Referral Service because of their commitment to providing reasonable rates. Our attorneys are registered with the Lawyer Referral Service in the areas of law they practice, and referrals are made on a rotating basis within those areas. Referrals are selected based on the area of law your issue is in and where you are located. No other considerations will be taken into account when placing a referral, including but not limited to: gender, ethnicity, number of years in practice, size of the law firm, attorneys’ rates,
The majority of LRS attorneys are in the Greater Boston area, but many of our attorneys are willing to travel throughout the state of Massachusetts to represent clients and we highly recommend that you speak directly to an attorney before making a decision of whether or not an attorney would be suitable to represent you.
Although our attorneys are dedicated to providing legal services at a reasonable cost, an attorney’s costs and fees are decided on a case-by-case basis. Speaking directly with an attorney, regardless of your financial situation, is the best way to determine if an attorney can assist you with your legal issue.
NOTE: Initial consultations do not obligate clients to hire an attorney.
Approximately once a month, the Referral Service will have extended hours for conducting intake over the phone. The following dates and times are hours that the Referral Service is open outside of our normal business hours of 10 AM – 4 PM:
No currently scheduled dates